What Fair For Life?
Fair for Life is a certification program for the fair trade, in the fields of agriculture, production and trade.
See also: Fairtrade, Equo Garantito
It was created in 2006 by the Swiss Bio-Foundation in collaboration with the IMO Group and in 2014 it was taken over by Ecocert Group to meet a specific demand from organic agriculture stakeholders.
Fair trade improves the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and workers by providing the means to carry out social projects and empower people.
Certification Fair for Life guarantees that human rights are safeguarded at any stage of production, that workers enjoy decent working conditions and that smallholder farmers receive a fair share of participation.
Fair for Life promotes a fair trade approach that allows all producers and workers at socio-economic disadvantage to access a wider range of social and economic benefits.
These principles are valid both in the global South and in the North, and apply to the entire supply chain that covers manufacturers, traders, distributors and brand owners.
Certification standard Fair For Life
Certification Fair For Life it is applicable to all agricultural raw materials, food products, cosmetics, detergents, textiles and crafts, when these are made up of at least 80% of raw material from the solidarity market.
Fair For Life guarantees:
- Purchase price higher than the market price;
- Protection system to protect producers in the event of a crisis: a guaranteed minimum price calculated on the basis of production costs;
- Dignified and safe working conditions throughout the supply chain, regardless of the link in the chain and the country;
- Enhancement of producers' autonomy;
- Environmentally friendly agricultural practices that encourage the transition to organic farming.
Benefits of certification Fair For Life
- It is a certification that applies to the entire supply chain: farmers, workers, producers, traders and brand owners;
- The program is based on the latest recommendations that define social standards;
- Most food and non-food products, from raw materials to finished products, can be certified;
- It has international validity and is an independent certification;
- It has a high transparency thanks to the publication of the performance evaluation on the website;
- Performance evaluation offers companies an annual incentive to improve their performance;
- Companies can request an individual plan for social improvement;
- Audits combined with other standards, e.g. GOTS, MSC, etc. they are tailored to the needs of the operations concerned;
- It offers the possibility of recognizing complementary schemes, allowing synergies between producers and a wider supply;
- It is based on recognized reference standards: international definitions of fair trade, ISO 26000, ILO conventions, IFOAM social criteria;
- It guarantees an account improvement approachnuo with the ability to evaluate overall performance with respect to international fair trade;
- It allows you to find information on fair trade from any country (south and north).
Fair For Life for companies
Are you a producer? You want to get certified Fair For Life and apply the logo on your products? Then you have to contact the certifying body: OEKO-TEX
We recommend that you sign up for our newsletter right away clicking here.
1. Get instant access to the closed Facebook group.
2. Create a post about the group with your specific request.
You will find many professionals in the sector willing to help you!